Green Apple Entertainment has acquired North American rights to a library of urban films from Bag Talk Entertainment for distribution on television, VOD, DVD/Blu-ray and digital platforms.
Included in the acquisition are three documentaries, a feature film and a six-episode mini-series:
- The follow up to the highly successful American Rap Stars, American Rap Stars 2 shares exclusive access to Snoop Dogg, Chris Brown, The Game and other high-profile rap artists from New York to Los Angeles.
- In How to Make a Major Independent Movie, Sticky Fingaz hosts this fascinating journey with behind-the-scenes footage and exclusive interviews with some of today’s biggest stars, including Dennis Quaid, Omar Epps, Cedric The Entertainer, Vivica A. Fox, David Caruso and Patrick Swayze, among others.
- Napoleon: Life of an Outlaw, shot by former member of Tupak Shakur’s infamous, multi-platinum rap group Outlawz. Gain insider access in this doc that 2Pac fans won’t want to miss!
- Brooklyn Knight: When two rival basketball coaches (Kirk “Sticky Fingaz” Jones and Khalil Kain) fall out over a bad call in a championship game, things only heat up when Knight Mathews hooks up with the lovely Brooklyn Taylor, the cousin of his newfound rival.
- Mahjongg: Set in New York City’sChinatown, it’s The Sopranos meets The Wire meets Big Trouble in Little China in this gritty, fast-paced crime series about loyalty, betrayal and consequences. Starring Hassan Johnson, Fredro Starr and Jennifer Dong.